Weekly Horror Watch List

The Weekly Horror Watch List is where I rank the five best films from the previous weeks viewing. If you are on Letterboxd you can follow me here, it's where I log all my films.

5:
Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth (1992)
I really dig this sequel, I know fans of the series usually laugh this one off, but there is still plenty to enjoy. Thanks to the new arrow Blu-ray the movie looks spectacular now as well. I will admit though my love for this flick is about 90% nostalgia, as this was one of the first horror tapes I rented on VHS. Still, it has some interesting Cenobites, a great female lead, and one of the biggest douches in horror cinema, J.P Monroe.

4:
Hitch Hike (1977)
I can't prove this, but I am convinced Franco Nero plays the biggest dickhead in cinema history in this movie. Don't get me wrong, this is exactly why I love this flick so much. I was introduced to this movie through The Italian Collection by 88 films, adter that first watch, it quickly become one of the highlights of my movie year. Also, Corinne Clery is at her most ravishing is this, there is a scene near the end, when she is fully nude, holding a rifle, that has to be seen to be believed, she looks exquisite. 

3:
Night of the Comet (1984)
I really wish this movie could maintain the level of awesomeness that the first half brings us. The opening with the comet, and the movie-house, is great stuff, then we enter the bunker and everything slows to a halt. For a brief second when our two protagonists are in the mall, playing fancy dress, while listing to Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun, this is the best cult movie ever.

2:
Chopping Mall (1986)
What better way to follow up 'Night Of the Comet', than with another mall set horror starring Kelli Maroney. Having only watched this flick for the first time last year, I am already seeing it as a life long filmic friend. Love the setting, the cast, and the sheer goofy fun of it all. This will only increase on my favourite horror movies list.

1:
Short Night of the Glass Dolls (1971)
I had seen this movie sometime in 2013/14 on a streaming site, and while I liked it well enough, it wasn't until I viewed the Blu-ray edition that I was blown away by it. The viewer, as with our immobile narrator, must figure out a complex plot of kidnapping by an elitist society, that is more terrifying than he can imagine. This giallo classic is well worth checking out for fans of Italian horror,